Monday, May 26, 2014

Hooked on crocheting - baby blanket

Where to start when you have not blogged for a while?  Let me start with my latest love affair.  I fell hook line and sinker with yarn again a few years ago.  With so many beautiful new yarns, how do you select the right one for your project .  All those luscious colors and textures make it very hard to choose.

Here my latest baby blanket with a matching baby bag which has a cross stitched Shepard s bush design stitched on the front.  It's a ripple or zig zag design done in chenille pink/ orange plush yarn.  This was completed a few weeks ago and given to Angie, a very pregnant Amtrak customer service rep who I see weekly on my commute.


Angie is having a little girl so I customized the Be Extraordinary" SB kit and added a 3rd line to the design "baby (flower) girl".  I attached it to a tote bag which has nice elastic mesh side pockets perfect for bottles or sipping cups.

1 comment: