Today’s plans and my goals for 2013 are to purposely bring more things that make me happy into each day. The past 2 weeks have sucked and I am partly to blame for letting it get to me so I need to get into control with all the crap that is raining on my parade. Yesterday I had a good talk with my sister in law and she helped me wrap my mind around some of this stuff. We were going to have a small family gathering for dinner on Tuesday night to celebrate our anniversary but we thought because of all of the mayhem going on no one would want to go. Actually my sister in law, Janice told me that we needed to go out and celebrate more things. They are looking forward to it. Tuesday night 8 of us will be having a nice dinner. I have big meeting Tuesday afternoon for which I will need to jump through hoops for so it will be nice knowing that evening will be nice. Janice and I also planned a get together in September in VT at our nieces place to celebrate my brother in laws birthday. I made a bunch of calls to friends and family this morning and my mood is slowing improving. We have family on both side having major health issues. When someone you care about is moved into hospice, it’s hard.
Good news seems to be harder to come by so I need to try to cultivate some. I know there will be a few funerals in 2013 & 2014 so I have got to re-start my happiness list to counter all the crap. Tell me what do you do to get happy? For over a year I have worked closely with one man who I thought was a good guy but I was so naive to hidden agendas. Mr. Old-School derailed all the good karma I worked so hard to establish and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I still have to work with him and he is like the cat that just swallowed the cannery. It totally sucks but I have to stop letting it eat me up inside because otherwise it does even more damage. Some people just are not happy unless they do it at someone expense. Anyway here’s to pushing past that ugly and on to finding more Happiness…
- Go get my favorite big cup of chai tea from Panera because I deserve it more often even if it is overpriced. It makes me happy! Pick up one of their French breads to have with dinner. Their bread makes my husband & son happy too.
- I am going to get my nails done, and get a 5 or 10 minute neck/back massage
- Then on to a get haircut, fingers crossed that my favorite person is working today.
- Pick up an anniversary card because this Tuesday will be our 25th wedding anniversary & buy a card for someone else for no particular reason other than to say hello and make another person smile.
- Buy bottle of Yellow Tail Moscato wine. it is a wonderful Australian affordable fun wine
- Stick wine in the fridge before I go do laundry because I hate doing laundry.
- Both my husband and I made vacation plans managed to combine a few side trips to meet up with some old friends. In fact he may not be doing that much sight seeing given all the socializing we are trying to fit in.
- I am arranging to meet up with an old friend who will be visiting the city the week after next. He is working in Singapore now. We worked together in London in 1999 – 2000 and in NY in 1998. I am going to see if a few of the people that we both worked with are interested in getting together with he is here on business.
- I will be traveling to San Francisco on business a week in April so I need to reach out to see if there is anyone I know in that area to meet up to make that trip a little happier.
- I will be stitching or doing some finishing tonight while watching the Good Wife. I love that show!
11. I will also be sharing my lap with a friendly furry friend whose purrs make me feel loved. The photo is of Murphy who is a real charmer.
Be Happy & tell me something that makes you happy if you have time to leave a comment. Happy St, Paddy's Day!