Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bags in Bloom Book

I found this book in our library and fell in love with all the beautiful bags.  All of a sudden I was battling the instinct of starting a few more projects but sanity won out.  I do not need more projects.  What I need are more hours in each day and vitamins so I live long enough to do more of the many projects I have. 

Now when I look through all of those little bits left over from other projects I think oh this will make a pretty flower center.  Those odd stray buttons too pretty to toss now will see the light of day..... someday.  Ah maybe a few xmas present bags.  I long to re-cycle some old denim and this seems like a great project for it.

Bags in Bloom by Susan Cariello is very inspiring and contains a lot of fun and elegant stitching projects.

"A perfect bag for every occasion, in every season!   Each season has its own palette of floral colors, from vivid poppies to hardy wildflowers, from autumn leaves to winter roses-and now you can have a bag to match every outfit in every season.   In Bags In Bloom , with just 6 simple patterns and 12 easy embroidery stitches, you’ll learn how to make 20 different purse designs. From a clear overview of embroidery, including a primer on fabrics and different fiber elements you can use to great effect, to detailed instructions on sewing and assembly, and even how to get inspired to design your own, accessories designer Susan Cariello takes you step-by-step through making purses that complement each season’s wardrobe perfectly.   A fresh twist on classic embroidery, Bags in Bloom ensures your purse will be as colorful and vibrant as the world aroud you-all year long!" 

Now don't you want to make one too?








 

No comments:

Post a Comment